Tuesday, October 13, 2009

1999 - R.I.P. My Dear Brother



Feb 7th 1999, God called one of the founding fathers of the Wisconsin Good-Time Gang, my brother Rick home. He had just turned 55 on Feb 5th.
As long as there is the G.T.G. and a race, he will always be with us. At his funeral, his son Dennis & I displayed his G.T.G. jacket, hat, t-shirt, and DRINKING GLOVE! We know he would have liked that. Myself, Rick & Tom Anderson are the 3 fathers that started this racing fraternity. We always looked forward to the day we could take our 3 sons to Indy, and it has become a reality. Rick, Tom, and myself made a pledge that the first member to go the the big "Brickyard" in the sky, the others would raise a toast at the start of that years race. We also agreed NOT to sell that man's ticket, but instead would use that seat for the coolers. At this years race (May 1999), this pledge will be fulfilled.>>>>>>>R.I.P. My Dear Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment